Online B.A. Early Childhood Education
The Online B.A. Early Childhood Education (ECE) degree program is designed for online students with an associate’s degree or at least 60 transferable credits from a community college or other accredited undergraduate institution. Our online bachelor’s completion program helps students complete their degree while balancing work or other commitments with the flexibility to complete coursework on their schedule. Early childhood education online classes are offered for these students who need greater flexibility.
Learning experiences throughout the curriculum are characterized by inquiry, self-reflection, collaboration with others, and problem-solving. Students pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education will learn to acknowledge the influences on child development and learning.
Pacific Oaks encourages students to accelerate progress toward undergraduate degree completion by taking advantage of our Credit for Learning from Experience program. This program allows up to 24 credits for experience gained in the workplace.
Online B.A. Early Childhood Education Sample Courses
Foundations of ECE and Current Issues in the Education of Young Children
This early childhood education online course explores the relationship between psychological theory and practice in Education. It provides an overview of the application of fundamental principles of psychology to the teaching and learning process of children. The course covers topics such as theories of cognitive development, motivation, and classroom instruction.
Creating Inclusive Environments
This ECE course explores values, policies, and practices that support the right of every infant and young child (and his or her family) to participate in a broad range of activities and contexts. Students will be introduced to issues of power and privilege; theories and models of cultural diversity; and Educational policy related to issues of access and equity. The focus of the course is to integrate knowledge of various cultural frameworks into the development of inclusive learning environments that provide access to early childhood education in a diverse society.
The Creative Arts in Early Childhood Education
Through activity-based instruction, this online class for early childhood education course introduces students to creative experiences designed to help early childhood educators develop curriculum in art, music, and movement. Students will also study the physical and motor development of young children.
Online B.A. Early Childhood Education Specializations & Credentials
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, STEAM Specialization
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, Trauma Specialization
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, Dual California Teaching Credential
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, Preliminary Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential
Online B.A. Early Childhood Education Locations
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Pacific Oaks College
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or a traditional academic (non-vocational) area of study or successful completion of 48 units from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.0. and meet the following course requirements:
- Humanities and the Arts (9 units)
- Science and Math (9 units)
- Oral and Written Communication (9 units)
- Minimum of 3 units in English Communications
- Maximum of 3 units in Early Childhood Education Language Arts
- Social Science (9 units)
- Minimum of 3 units in Introductory Psychology
- Minimum of 3 units in either Introductory Sociology or Cultural Anthropology
- Completed Application for Admission
- Application fee
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended